Tuesday, December 27, 2011

So, that was Christmas?!

OH.EM.GEE...so, that was Christmas?  Wow, we're exhausted...and sick. I don't even feel like Christmas even happened.  Sure, we opened a ton (too many- mom!) gifts and saw nearly every family member.  But each of our visits were extremely brief.  I feel like we spent more time in the car than we did with our families.  And on top of it all, there was not a single snow flake to be seen. 


On the bright side, Otter and his cousin, who is 5 months his senior, got to "play" together, finally.  When I say play, I really mean they were excited to see each other and then they started fighting.  Not horribly, but there was definitely some rivalry between them.  Otter became pretty protective of his toys and even pushed her once or twice.  I don't know if it's because she's a girl or if it's because she's smaller than him (she's a teeny tiny little doll :) ) but he wasn't going to let her do anything he didn't want her to do.  I've never seen him act like that.  I know they are toddlers, but I couldn't helped be a little embarrassed  frustrated by his actions toward her.  I'll have to figure out how to work on that.  Any advice (yes, this question is going out to my whopping TWO followers)?


We received many wonderful gifts.  Once again, my brother, "Uncle Allstate" knocked it out of the park with this Vetech kitchen and embroidered chef coat. Otter loves anything and everything kitchen related.  Otter's biggest gift fail was from me and doc.  He got a grill, per the reason just stated, but this thing is janky.  It took me a bajillion years (and some sore muscles the next day) to put it together and I'm really not impressed with the quality or the entertainment factor.  Sure, Otter likes to open and close the lid and doors, but there isn't much else for him to do with it. 


I think my family is really wanting everyone to get into the kitchen and cook...a lot of our gifts were geared toward the kitchen (or play kitchen).  I was really excited to receive the No Whine with Dinner cook book by the Meal Makeover Moms that I had my eye on.  I haven't had a lot of time to flip through it, but I did read through the 50 tips in the back to get your kids to eat.  LOVE THEM.  I can't wait to get my meals planned out for this next week.

Anyways, we are back home and trying to recuperate.  Doc is sick.  Like really sick, so we are happy to not have any huge plans for New Years. I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday and are all home and safe.  If you had any huge gift hits or flops, please feel free to comment and tell me about them!

3 comments:

  1. We had a Christmas each Saturday of December (except the 1st Saturday). On Christmas Eve, we always go to James' parents' house and we stayed way too late. I didn't get anything done during the day on Saturday, so it was left to be done that night (at 11:30 after Brady went to bed) and in the morning (in which I was hoping my son would sleep til 8:00 and my husband would be up at 8:00...neither of which happened).

    We drove 3.5 hours to my parents' house, stayed one FULL day and left at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday. I'm still not recovered and I hate that my living room STILL looks like Toys 'r Us threw up in it. (Despite my MIL buying us a toy organizer!)

    It's like needing a vacation from a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of Christmases, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - I know! My husband's family is HUGE. Obviously, Brady didn't get gifts at all of them, but he made out like a bandit from my husband's older sister. She is his Godmother and she can't have kids. So her 3 nieces & nephews get spoiled!

    ReplyDelete